By Alain Houle, Alco Web Design LLC
- GMB listings relate entirely to physical locations. So, if you have 2 physical locations, you are eligible for 2 GMB listings.
- Each business location can have the exact same name without the need for a modifier (like city). Use the business name exactly as it appears in the real world for both listings (Joe’s garage).
- Each business location MUST be assigned a unique phone number because Google wants the number you list to connect directly to the location.
- Each business location should have its own landing page on the business website. Location landing pages represent very powerful opportunities to target specific users. Make the content unique and include the name, address and phone number of the business location at the top of its respective landing page.
- Business citations, including GMB listings, should be specific for each business location with unique phone numbers, addresses, and landing pages.
- For more details about how to create the perfect Google My Business listings, visit https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038177?hl=en
As you can see, creating multiple GMB listings is easy but doing it right requires a fair amount of overhead, especially if it involves managing hundreds of citations. Conventional land internet marketing is all about maximizing results and minimizing efforts. There is nothing wrong with having multiple GMB listings but it should be done only when lower hanging fruits have been picked.
You got a website that brings little or no business? Alco Web Design specializes in internet marketing services for small business owners of the Appleton Fox Valley area. We are there to help, contact us or call us at (920) 850-4642. We will get back to you promptly.