By Alain Houle, Alco Web Design LLC
Here are some pointers about what you can add to the “About Us” page:
- Don’t be afraid to speak about your background. If you started off small, mention it; this approach will help you focus on giving a human face to your business. The one way to set your business apart from the competition is to give it a personal touch and that is exactly what the “About Us” page does.
- Don’t ramble. Speak with clarity and mention everything in brief and stay away from mentioning trivial things. It’s important to be truthful and maintain brevity.
- Strike the right balance between promoting yourself and just giving customers a peek into what your company is all about.
- Consider the use of photos, videos and relevant infographics. But don’t use it to such an extent that it takes away from the content on the page.
- Make mention of your company’s vision, mission statement and values. Again, it’s important not to make it too flowery or too lofty.
- Include a Call To Action at the end. Here too, it’s important not to get too aggressive as that can sometimes be a put off. In addition to your contact details, add a subtle line that encourages readers to delve deeper into your website or contact you via the number or email listed there. A successful marketing strategy at this point would be to offer a sign-up discount or some other offer.
As you can see, the “About Us” page on your website isn’t as inconsequential as it may look like. It’s a great way to connect with readers, tell them more about your company and encourage them to stay on your site. For more online marketing tips and for comprehensive web design solutions, spend some time on this blog or contact us, we will respond promptly.