By Alain Houle, Alco Web Design LLC
- Local Listing Pages- This is a very simple process, but a very essential and effective one. Claim local listings on Bing Local, Google, Yahoo Local, Yelp, Hot Frog and many other local directories. Maintain consistency in information across all these directories
- Blogging- Create a business blog on your website itself and ensure it’s updated on a regular basis. This helps in increasing your local visibility in local searches. You can create content which targets local keywords and blogging provides a distinct SEO benefit
- Optimize Your Website- On-page optimization is crucial with reference to being found on local searches. So, even before starting on link building and citation building, get your webmaster to optimize all the on-page factors on your site
- Mobile Friendly- Ensure that your site is mobile-friendly. This tops the list when it comes to local searches. More and more searches are performed via mobile devices and it’s important that users have a seamless experience while they are looking for your business
- Social Media - There are a number of social media platforms and it’s important to choose the ones that target your audience. Share blog posts and engage with your audience at least a few times a month
- Use Visual Content- It’s a proven marketing fact that consumers are more responsive to visual content such as images, videos and graphics. This will hold your customer’s interest and they will be inclined to stay on your site a little longer
These are just a few of the ways in which you can make your local presence felt and there are many more techniques to strengthen it. As a business owner, it may not be possible for you to manage all these things, and its best to engage the services of a professional Web Design and Online Marketing company like Alco Web Design to manage your Local SEO strategy. As usual don’t hesitate to contact us or to visit our website at email@example.com.