By Alain Houle, Alco Web Design LLC
- Website promotion starts with website design: Your website needs to provide useful, original, and well organized information that people need, like, and want to go back to. Work and rework the content of your pages.
- Focus on giving: Visitors will come back to your website if it provides them with something useful and easy to find. Information, tips, and ideas are great and do not cost you much.
- Periodic content modifications: Give a reason to people to come back to your website. Create a newsletter, on-line promotions, discussion boards, games, create some hype!
- Publish articles: Publish quality informational articles to blogs or free electronic magazines such as EzineArticles.com and include links back to your website. People interested by your article will go to your website for more information and details.
- Good web page layout: Keeping your website layout simple and standard will help visitors finding what they need and they will thank you for that by coming back to your website.
- Email signatures: Email signatures are a few lines of text that automatically get attached to each email you send. Include your website name on those email signatures so everybody that you send emails to know about your website.
- Conventional mailing campaign: Contact your suppliers, customers, partners, retailers, etc. Offer them web only promotional items so they go to your website. Be careful: What works for conventional mailing programs does not always convert well to the Internet where unsolicited mail is often associated to junk and may project a negative image of your company.
- Local business listings: Small business listings are often available through the chamber of commerce, town hall, or other municipal and regional organizations. Most of these services are free. This is especially important for small companies that do most of their businesses locally. Get listed! (How to use the local search directories?)
- Classified ads: Write ads on free classified websites such as Backpage.com, Craigslist.org, and USFreeAds.com with links back to your website. Don't not expect massive results, but it is free.
Please do not hesitate to contact Alco Web Design if you have any questions about how to build initial website traffic for free.
Alain Houle, President
Alco Web Design LLC - http://www.alcowebdesign.com
N1337 Westgreen drive, Greenville Wisconsin 54942