By Alain Houle, Alco Web Design LLC
- Woo Search Engines- This becomes the key reason for you to keep your website updated. All search engines prefer websites that are updated frequently and this is why it is important for you to have fresh and unique content on your site
- Impress Customers- If you have old newsletters etc on your site and, visitors to are going to feel that your company is not doing much. It’s important that your customers feel that you are a company that takes its business seriously and that it evolves
- Attract Inbound Links- When you keep adding something new to your website, people are more apt to notice it and will discuss about it via social media networks, blogs etc and attract more traffic
How It Can be Achieved
There are a number of ways in which you can keep your website updated:
- Incorporate a Blog- If you do not have a blog on your site- add one now. It’s a simple way of adding new content and helps in increasing your credibility in the industry
- News Section- This is important too. Even if you feel that there aren’t too many newsworthy things happening in your company, post something related to your business. If you have attended an industry event- write about it; if you have served your 1500th customer- turn it into news piece. This will keep your site on the right side of search engines
- Add images/ videos to your site- Include a gallery page on your site as it’s easy to update this regularly. Also add short and relevant video clips such as product demonstrations and tutorials. Adding a description about each new addition will give your site the search engine recognition it needs
Other Things You Can Do
In addition to these things, include testimonials on your site as well as new menu pages. In short, make every effort to keep updating and making changes to your site on a monthly, fortnightly/ even a weekly basis and see the positive impact it has on visitor traffic.
Alco Web Design can handle all Web Design and development functions. You can contact us or visit our website, www.alcowebdesign.com.