By Alain Houle, Alco Web Design LLC
For the Sake of SEO
Google Webmaster Tools are crucial for any kind of strong SEO effort. They help you in looking at your website in the manner that Google sees it and you get a lot of insights into the pages that have been indexed on your website, the links that are leading to it and the popular keywords that you need to use and a lot more. Here are 5 main indicators that you should be looking at in it:
- Query- This gives you all the details about which keywords your website is currently being ranked for. It helps you understand whether the keywords that you are using are working or not. You can use this feature to add a boost to all the relevant keywords by linking or additional content optimization.
- Impressions: If you are curious about knowing about the number of people who are viewing your website for a particular keyword search, this feature will tell you that. It helps you validate the value of the keywords you are using.
- Clicks: Of all the people who are looking at your website, you also need to know exactly how many are clicking. This information tells you exactly how many viewers are taking action & clicking on the search result.
- CTR: The click-through rate is the actual percentage of people who are clicking on your site in the search results. If the click-through rates on your site are low, look at how you can alter the Meta description for that particular page.
- Average Position: This metric tells you exactly where your website ranks for every keyword. Since a large percentage of the traffic goes to the sites in the top-2 positions for a particular term, it is helpful to see how you are performing and how it is impacting traffic to your site.
Google Webmaster Tools helps you understand what is getting indexed, what is being linked, and what is getting traffic. It’s an excellent tool for optimizing Search Engine Marketing efforts. For additional details about Google Webmaster Tools, feel free to contact me or visit my website at www.alcowebdesign.com.