By Alain Houle, Alco Web Design LLC
Sometimes all you need to do is change small aspects of your website to see a great improvement in conversion rates. At Alco Web Design LLC, we’ve seen minor changes in layout, color, headline, and even background images lead to an increase in conversion rates. Experts believe that companies should change and update their website every 4 to 5 years.
Now, this doesn’t have to be a big redesign because subtle changes and small accents can do wonders. This is often called evolutionary design where the looks of the website grows with the time and market. A good example of this would be the Amazon website. The company website’s overall look and feel hasn’t changed much but subtle alterations make it look current, modern, and interesting.
That website has never needed a major design overhaul and if they attempt to do it, they might lose considerable amount of customers. It’s important to recognize that people prefer familiarity and comfort when it comes to user experience and design.
Optimization and evolutionary design might be a safe step to take, but sometimes you need a redesign. You should approach an experienced designer when:
- Your company direction changes and you have new products and services that won’t be benefited by the previous design.
- Your website looks old, clumsy, and completely outdated. That would chase your prospects away and reduce your conversion rates.
- You’ve done hundreds of optimizations with A/B testing and still haven’t seen any positive results in conversion rates and sale.
- There are too many problems and very little traffic. In such cases, it would take ages to test and iron out the design flaws so a complete redesign is a wiser, more affordable option.
- Your website uses old technology that doesn’t perform well with modern devices and browsers.
If you want more information on optimization, redesign, and our services; don’t hesitate to contact us at Alco Web Design LLC. Just give us a call on 920 850-4642. You can also fill in this contact us from and we will get back to you promptly.