By Alain Houle, Alco Web Design LLC
Aspects to Focus On
Therefore, it makes a lot of business sense to have relevant, credibly written and compelling content on your business website. Here are some aspects to keep in mind:
- Visitors to your site will want to know 2 simple things. Do you have the products/services they are looking for and what it is exactly? Keep your website simple, clear, and easy to navigate
- Keep the content on your site effective yet simple. If there is too much jargon or the writing is too complex, you will just be driving your visitors away
- Position the content right; the most important information should be placed first. Categorize the products and services you offer so they are easy to find.
- Give clear and precise information about what you offer. Once visitors have understood what you offer, ensure they also have all the other relevant information required to make a well-informed buying decision
- Use catchy headlines but don’t use too much sales talk while writing Web content
- Add relevant and interesting images and graphics. Hire a graphic artist if you have to, make every page nice and professional looking
- Use bullet points where applicable- you will find that a lot of visitors are “scanners”. They go to a website and just scan the content. If you have bullet points at the right places, providing the right information, it will help them decide whether they want to delve deeper into your Web pages
Keep in mind that Web design and Web content have to work together to create an outstanding impact on the visitor. This also makes it important for you to hire the services of a company like Alco Web Design that can handle both - Design and Content - in an expert manner. For more details, contact us or visit our website at www.alcowebdesign.com.