By Alain Houle, Alco Web Design LLC
Another important fact about website content is that it should be updated on a regular basis- that is the only way your site will be able to hold the interest of repeat visitors; it will help increase conversion rates and ROI. When you have a business website, you want to be sure that it stays at the top of web searches and having the right content helps in that. There are a few important things related to web content:
- The content should be sales oriented but care has to be taken to ensure that this aspect is not overdone
- The information should be relevant to the service or product you are selling
- Avoid using jargon as visitors will simply move away from your website
- The content should have “share” buttons to your social media pages. This helps in SEO and in reaching a larger audience
- It should have appropriate calls-to-action (buy this, call us, learn more, etc.) which helps in increasing sales
- All the pages should be updated on a regular basis- it helps in Search Engine Optimization and holds the interest of repeat visitors
The Interest Factor
Another important fact to consider is that even if web content is largely text, it should be made interesting with the addition of videos, info-graphics, etc. This holds the attention of the reader. If you are a small business owner, it is crucial that you focus on having outstanding content on your site. An easy way to have up to date content is to periodically write informative blogs and articles related to the product and services you are selling.
Content marketing is a very effective online marketing strategy. Not everybody is a prolific writer and Alco Web Design can help you with the content of your web pages. We have access to professional content writers who are able to write your blog posts and even your web pages in a format that will interest your visitors and the search engines. For more details contact us or visit our website, www.alcowebdesign.com.