Website Maintenance Tips
Your website it is a reflection of the condition of your company and everything has to be crisp and fresh. Keeping your site updated is about ensuring that the content is current as well as the graphics, videos, and everything else too. Things change quickly with computers and your SEO strategy will also have to be periodically tweaked. The different things that you have to do watch for are:
- The pages should have fresh content
- Ensure that the contact information is updated
- Make sure that all the press release and news items are current
- The text should be completely reviewed for editing
- Price of products in the shopping cart should be reviewed and updated
- Remove the old products from the shopping cart & add specials
- The images should be tagged properly and should be relevant
- All business information and changes to staffing etc should be updated
An Extensive List
As you can see, this is quite an extensive list, but having a site with old and irrelevant information hurts more than it helps. As a business owner, you may not have the time or the knowledge to deal with those updates.This is exactly why you should have your Web design company handle your updates.
Most Web Design and Development companies offer periodic maintenance options to ensure that your site stays crisp and fresh and that it continues attracting traffic. For more information about maintenance options for your website, contact us or visit our website at www.alcowebdesign.com. We will provide you with very cost-effective solutions that will ensure your website continues to generate business year after year.