By Alain Houle, Alco Web Design LLC
- Internet marketing is an extension of conventional marketing and advertising. Your website name should appear on every email message you send, business card, letter heads, invoices, yellow pages, promotional items, advertisement flyer, etc.
- Manually submit your website to Google, Google places, Google maps, Bing, and use automated tools for the other search engines.
- Create a links page and trade reciprocal links with non-competitive complementary businesses such as your suppliers, customers, partners, local associations you are member of, friends, colleagues, family, etc.
- Get listed with free local organizations such as the local paper, chamber of commerce, town hall, or other municipal and regional organizations and get links back to your website.
- Create a blog or social media pages such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+ and link back to your website. Once in place, ask for likes or positive reviews.
- Figure out who links to your competitors and request links to your website.
- Give a reason to your visitors to come back to your website by periodically changing content, offering sales and promotions, on-line only promotional items, creating a blog, etc. Create a distribution list and send newsletters or periodic emails with links back to your website.